Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist - Galveston (up to 19 hrs/wk)
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: January 10, 2022
To provide patient care and technical skills in the operation of
magnetic resonance imaging equipment (MRI) to produce
cross-sectional images of patient's body for diagnostic purposes by
performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Practices proper entries and records in PACS, Epic, and
Radiology Information System. Prepares patient for MRI procedure by
accurately assessing the patient's needs by reviewing MRI safety
sheet to ensure patient safety by providing education on the
procedure and how to call for assistance if needed.
- Accurately enters data such as patient history, anatomical area
to be scanned, orientation specified, and position of entry into
aperture of magnetic resonance imaging equipment (head or feet
first), into computer.
- Operates magnetic resonance imaging scanners for data
acquisition, reconstruction of images, and documentation of images
and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring
optimal quality images
- Demonstrates proper IV skills required for contrast injections
on all ages.
- Uses power injector properly to ensure safe injection of
- Performs Point of Care testing accurately as required by
Contrast Media guidelines (ie. creatinine)
- Reviews images of area being scanned on video display screen to
ensure quality of pictures and keys in data on keyboard of camera
to photograph images. Ensuring all sequences are performed per
protocol for interpretation by radiologist.
- Practices accurate and timely completion of scheduled and
unscheduled work to maximize productivity and to ensure all
components of the exam is billed appropriately by inputting
additional charges that may have occurred.
- Participates in research projects.
- Instructs students on clinical MRI skills.
- Applies the profession's code of ethics in all aspects of
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree or radiologic graduate of an accredited
radiologic health science program. ARRTR or ARMRIT registered, and
one (1) year of MRI experience or graduate from a MRI training
program with minimum of 500 clinical hours of MRI training.
Up to 19.99 hours per week, with no benefits; variable schedule.
Must be willing to work at multiple campuses as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist - Galveston (up to 19 hrs/wk), Human Resources , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!