Production Planning-Supply Chain Planner
Company: Kelly Services
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: August 21, 2019
Supply Chain Planner
The purpose of this job is to decide what to make, when to make it
and where to make it for one production site, multiple production
sites or multiple plants at one site, within a single business or
multiple smaller businesses. This role will actively participate in
support of the forecasting, planning and sales and operations
planning work processes. Business support will include balancing
supply and demand over a daily or monthly planning horizon,
achieving optimum product availability for customer orders, and
meeting asset utilization targets and Supply Chain cost to serve
metrics. The role will also identify capability improvement
opportunities for different assets and supply chain efficiencies.
The planner directs shared services to meet the needs of the
business and is responsible for intra-regional supply chain costs
and operational transactions. The focus is on an operational or
tactical planning horizon. Dimensions on Scope and Impact of Role
Global supply chain costs US $109 million.
- Develop, decide and communicate all activities which involve
mostly operational and some practical planning for plant locations
in a single region.
- Own and operate regional planning models (provide functional
expertise for model operation; assure most efficient use of
- Maintain and execute production planning within SAP (maintain
material masters, work centers, routings; review MRP exceptions;
create period orders/production orders).
- Serve as a local site coordinator/planner for integration of
feedstocks, utilities or environmental operations at a particular
- Monitor actual performance versus plan and engage
cross-functional efforts to resolve.
- Determine and/or execute the most effective regional or global
- Where applicable, execute purchases, swap or toll agreements
already in place and develop new swap opportunities with Supply
Chain Manager or Global Planner.
- Build scenarios of production and supply chain capabilities and
- Utilize historical data to provide most accurate forecast of
regional supply and demand.
- Use most current technology to drive forecasting
- Apply the forecast measurement process and report actual
performance vs. plan and forecast errors (net & stat), bias,
- Engage in market intelligence process and contribute to
- Understand relationship between Sourcing and Demand
- Participate on, the Sales & Operations Planning Team for a
business or product family or multiple businesses within a single
region or globally.
- As business focal point, participate and lead regional supply
chain projects that support growth objectives, cost reductions,
operational efficiency improvements and strategic sourcing
- Liaise with customs group in order to meet customs
regulations.Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- University Degree in a discipline demonstrating logical
thinking or computational skills (Supply Chain Management,
Engineering, Business, Mathematics and certain sciences).
- APICS CPIM Certification (or equivalent) or strong commitment
to attain within 1-2 years. Minimum of 4 years work experience,
typically including experience in Manufacturing or Supply Chain
- Skills in SAP and operating systems along with use of
spreadsheets is a requirement.
- Some experience in a Supply Chain planning role is
Why Kelly--?Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to
cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world
have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And
engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and
professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or
prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore
opportunities that suit your specific
Kelly Services--As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are
proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and
have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our
global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017
was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on
Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not
limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Galveston , Production Planning-Supply Chain Planner, Professions , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!