Business Coordinator (Part-time) - Supply Chain (31696)
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: September 13, 2020
JOB SUMMARY:To manage, coordinate, and directly support the
administrative and business management, and/or staff activities
within a Process/Department.(Ability to perform tasks and
responsibilities on own initiative ensuring process and operational
continuity of various administrative and business management
activities.)MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:(Financial related
- Serves as Accountable Property Officer for the
Process/Department maintaining property accounting records
including the acquisition of new or disposal of obsolete equipment
and conducts annual physical inventory of capital equipment.
- Assists in the development of Process budget.
- Monitors current status of the Process budget including income
- Reconciles Process accounts comparing entries on ledgers with
invoices, journal vouchers, and purchase orders to verify accuracy
of posting and receipt of payment for services provided by the
- Identifies variances in expenditures and reports to customers
- Coordinates the process' accounts receivable and posting
- Maintains detailed reports and records of accounting data.
- Assists in the preparation of detailed financial, statistical,
and annual reports.
- Assists in the preparation of comparative analysis reports and
statements reflecting variations in the expenditures and
- Assists in conducting cost studies regarding the process'
charge structure/billing system.
- Coordinates and processes employee travel arrangements and
reimbursements ensuring compliance with current UTMB Travel
- Process requisitions for routine, non-routine, and capital
equipment purchases in accordance with current UTMB procurement
rules and guidelines.
- Coordinates and processes employee business expense
reimbursements ensuring compliance with current UTMB policies and
procedures.(Software related tasks)
- Types finished copies of correspondence and reports from
speedwriting or shorthand notes, Dictaphone machine, or rough
- Types routine, complex, and/or confidential documents utilizing
a typewriter, word processor, or specialized computer software
package (e.g., presentations, flow charts, etc.)
- Composes correspondence and memorandums in appropriate business
- Proofreads all completed assignments for grammar, format, and
- Creates, maintains, and manipulates databases and
- Initiates action plans to develop skills and knowledge to stay
current with evolving office technologies & work demands.(Clerical
tasks - filing, scheduling, reporting, etc.)
- Develops area/process office record keeping systems.
- Compiles data for necessary reports and develops reports that
are user friendly.
- Schedules, coordinates, and organizes appointments, meetings,
- Coordinates meeting notifications and prepares agendas.
- Files process/area records, reports, correspondence, and other
documents maintaining files in accordance with the current Record
- Performs miscellaneous clerical tasks, such as making copies,
filing, faxing information, and maintaining area bulletin
- Sorts, stamps, and distributes incoming mail and prepares
- Serves as liaison with other Processes/Departments and agencies
regarding inventory control, building services, equipment and
maintenance repair, purchasing, safety, and other administrative
- Interacts with customers toward effective problem resolution
and assists with questions regarding policies, procedures, and
operations of the process or area.
- Responsible for administrative support tasks at the executive
- Ensure smooth and seamless service in the executive office,
managing day-to-day activities.
- Ability to think independently and make decisions as
- May interface with leadership at UT Components, city, and/or
state government agencies or outside vendors.(HR related tasks)
- Coordinates personnel matters, including the coordination of
the hiring, separation, and evaluation processes, with Human
Resources ensuring compliance with current policies, procedures,
- Processes and monitors status of personnel action forms such as
promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action including record
- Key Control Officer for the Process/Department.
- Provides new and existing staff with Process orientation of
Performance Management Program, Personal Development Program, and
the interpretation of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and enters employee time and attendance utilizing
on-line reporting system verifying the correctness and completeness
of data entered.
- Uses Kronos to approve time requests, conduct historical edits,
and approve timecards.
- Assists in the development of area policies and procedures
ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Serves as departmental liaison with Human Resources in regards
to employee disciplinary and grievance issues.(Miscellaneous)
- Initiates improvements in work process/environment.
- Analyzes and standardizes procedures for improved
- Prioritizes daily work assignments.
- Contributes ideas and suggestions for improvements to the
- Supports and assists in the cross training of team
- Good overall knowledge of Non-Exempt Administrative Support
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.*Hours will be 8am-5pm,
only 2 days per week**This is a contract position through
HealthCare Systems Staffing, therefore there are no Teacher
Retirement benefits associated with this position.*--REQUIRED
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:Associate's degree or equivalent and 2 years
of office related experience.EQUIPMENT:Basic office
equipment.WORKING ENVIRONMENT:Standard office
environmentOTHER:Specific job requirements or physical location of
some positions allocated to this classification, may render this
position security sensitive, and thereby subject to the provisions
of Section 51.215, Texas Education Code.----
UTMB HealthCare Systems (HCSS) strives to provide equal opportunity
employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information or veteran status. HCSS takes
affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected
veterans and individuals with disabilities. HCSS is the official
internal float pool for clinical and non-clinical services for UTMB
and its associated facilities in Galveston and the surrounding
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Business Coordinator (Part-time) - Supply Chain (31696), Professions , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!