Security Officer San Luis Resort
Company: The San Luis Resort, Spa and Conference Center
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Safety and Security Officer is responsible for providing
protection and communication with hotel guest and associates.
He/she is also responsible for patrolling the entire resort in
company issued vehicles to maintain security, detect and report
fire, security and safety hazards and/or violations of company
rules and regulations.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or related field preferred.
- Must provide valid proof of automobile insurance and pass a
Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Any position required to drive company vehicles will be
subjected to pre employment and random drug testing.
- MUST have a Security License and at least 2 years of experience
in the field
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 50 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to climb stairs, descent stairs and run.
- On occasion, must physically deter individuals who pose a
threat to guests and/or associates.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data,
etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying
and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as
required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Associates must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful
and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow associates.
- Ensure implementation and compliance of Fertitta Hospitality's
Code of Conduct.
- Use proper two-radio etiquette at all times.
- Maintain visual contact with the Front Desk/Night Audit Auditor
and the front door of the hotel by remaining in the lobby area when
not on property walks.
- Maintain and review daily activity log.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to guest and employee
- Hold briefing with Guest Services staff both at the beginning
and end of shift.
- Check ID of visitors/associates as necessary.
- Access secured areas for authorized personnel.
- Maintain an awareness of legal limitation of position (local,
state and/or federal ordinances).
- Assist guests to their rooms or assist guest's w/entry into
their rooms according to hotel standards.
- Assist during medical emergencies.
- Respond to emergency situation, including medical, security,
guest complaints, etc.
- Investigate assault complaints.
- Assist outside agencies, as necessary, to maintain effective
- Respond to altercations, and investigate.
- Have knowledge of hotel and guestroom locking system.
- Monitor TV cameras.
- Administer First Aid/CPR as necessary.
- Challenge suspicious persons.
- Check safety hazards.
- Administer Heimlich Maneuver to choking victims.
- Complete Incident/Accident reports in a clear and concise
- Monitor employees as they enter and exit the building.
- Conduct investigations relative to property losses, guest and
employee accidents, and illnesses and crimes against the
- Patrol area to insure that areas are secure and free of
unauthorized persons and disturbances.
- Provide escorts to persons carrying money, or other
- Issue and inventory pagers, radio equipment and keys on a daily
MUST HAVE A CURRENT SECURITY LICENSE
Keywords: The San Luis Resort, Spa and Conference Center, Galveston , Security Officer San Luis Resort, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!