Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technololgist (24 hrs / wk; M-Th 4p-10p)
Company: The University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: November 22, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: To provide patient care and technical skills in the
operation of magnetic resonance imaging equipment (MRI) to produce
cross-sectional images of patient's body for diagnostic purposes by
performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Practices proper entries and records in PACS, Epic, and
Radiology Information System. Prepares patient for MRI procedure by
accurately assessing the patients needs by reviewing MRI safety
sheet to ensure patient safety by providing education on the
procedure and how to call for assistance if needed.
- Accurately enters data such as patient history, anatomical area
to be scanned, orientation specified, and position of entry into
aperture of magnetic resonance imaging equipment (head or feet
first), into computer.
- Operates magnetic resonance imaging scanners for data
acquisition, reconstruction of images, and documentation of images
and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring
optimal quality images
- Demonstrates proper IV skills required for contrast injections
on all ages.
- Uses power injector properly to ensure safe injection of
- Performs Point of Care testing accurately as required by
Contrast Media guidelines (ie. creatinine)
- Reviews images of area being scanned on video display screen to
ensure quality of pictures and keys in data on keyboard of camera
to photograph images. Ensuring all sequences are performed per
protocol for interpretation by radiologist.
- Practices accurate and timely completion of scheduled and
unscheduled work to maximize productivity and to ensure all
components of the exam is billed appropriately by inputting
additional charges that may have occurred.
- Participates in research projects.
- Instructs students on clinical MRI skills.
- Applies the professions code of ethics in all aspects of
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.REQUIRED
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Associates degree or radiologic graduate of
an accredited radiologic health science program. ARRTR or ARMRIT
registered, and one (1) year of MRI experience or graduate from a
MRI training program with minimum of 500 clinical hours of MRI
training. PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 2 years of MRI experience
preferred. Work Schedule Monday - Thursday 4PM to 10PM. 24 hours
per week with partial benefits and proportional accruals. Equal
Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal
opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion,
age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran
status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by
federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by
law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative
action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans
and individuals with disabilities. #utmb #utmbhealth
Keywords: The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technololgist (24 hrs / wk; M-Th 4p-10p), Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!