Team Lead, Service Center - Provost Administration
Company: UTMB Health
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Team Lead, Service Center Provost AdministrationGalveston,
Texas, United StatesNewBusiness, Managerial & FinanceUTMB
HealthRequisition # 2204441Minimum Qualifications:Bachelors degree
or equivalent and four years of related experience in a university,
academic medical/health center, or business environment,
particularly in a project management transactional role.Job
Summary:The Team Lead, Service Center Academic Enterprise is
responsible for the day-to-day operations and transactional duties
of the specific Service Center Team. The incumbent is responsible
for providing quality and efficient customer service through the
daily management of team to include hiring, motivating, recognizing
and rewarding, coaching, counseling, training, problem solving and
effectively managing transactional work processes. The Team Lead,
Service center reports to the Associate Director of the Service
Center Academic Enterprise.Scope: Service Center Team; Academic
- Assists the Associate Director, Service Center Academic
Enterprise, with daily operations of the Service Center to include
development, analyses, and implementation of staffing, training,
scheduling and process improvement.
- Provides daily direction and communication to Center employees
so that transaction requests and customer service calls are
answered and processed in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable
- Ensures compliance with work procedures and processes that
support the Service Center and adhere to best practices, standards,
procedures, and strategic directives.
- Provides continual evaluation of processes and procedures.
Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations,
efficiency and service to customers.
- Provides statistical and performance feedback and coaching on a
regular basis to each team member.
- Ensures team members have appropriate training and other
resources to perform their jobs.
- Responds to and resolves issues.
- Hands-on leader who also knows the intricate details and
- Writes and administers performance reviews for skill
- Creates and maintains a high quality work environment.
- Works as a member/leader of special or ongoing projects that
are important to area/process improvement.
- Shares continual responsibility for managing employees,
ensuring calls and requests and handled efficiently and
- Uses appropriate judgement in upward communication regarding
Center or employee concerns.
- Following through on inquiries and projects to ensure
- Responsible for performance management and recruiting,
interviewing and hiring employees.
- Performs related duties as assigned.Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to
clearly direct and manage staff while building relationships
- Ability to set goals and spur performance and measure
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- An ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, e.g.,
a parallel processor
- Capable of automating and streamlining processes
- Ability to develop, implement and execute projects and
- Ability to analyze, organize and present data to leadership
that demonstrates trends, progress to goals and other key
- Knowledge of and ability to function in a collaborative and
- Proven track record working effectively with individuals at all
levels of an organization
- Ensure compliance with all applicable internal and external
controls, regulations, policies, procedures and coordinates with
all parties involved as needed
- Ability to be attentive to the details of daily operations
while understanding the importance of proper delegation
- Work collaboratively as a member of the Service Center Team and
of the Academic Enterprise toward the achievement of its goals and
objectivesSalary Range:Actual salary commensurate with
experience.Work Schedule:Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm and as
needed on occasion.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:UTMB Health strives
to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race,
color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information,
disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by
institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such
distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor,
UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women,
minorities, protected veterans and individuals with
Keywords: UTMB Health, Galveston , Team Lead, Service Center - Provost Administration, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!