Business Coordinator, BMB Admin/Clerical
Company: The University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Job Description: To manage, coordinate, and directly support the
administrative, business management, and/or staff activities within
a process/department. Ability to perform tasks and responsibilities
on own initiative ensuring process and operational continuity of
various administrative and business management activities. Specific
Job Related Duties: (Financial related tasks)
- Provides reconciliation of grants and contracts as requested by
- Maintains accurate files which include the monthly overhead
adjusting journal vouchers and the indirect cost recovery anaylysis
for each grant.
- Ensures that each expired grant is closed out properly
according to the guidelines established with the grant .
- Reconciles Process accounts comparing entries on ledgers with
invoices, journalvouchers, and purchase orders to verify accuracy
of posting and receipt of payment forservices provided by the
- Identifies variances in expenditures and reports to customers
- Coordinates the process accounts receivable and posting
- Maintains detailed reports and records of accounting data.
- Assists in the preparation of detailed financial, statistical,
and annual reports.
- Assists in the preparation of comparative analysis reports and
statements reflectingvariations in the expenditures and
- Assists in conducting cost studies regarding the process charge
- Coordinates and processes employee travel arrangements and
reimbursements ensuringcompliance with current UTMB Travel
- Process requisitions for routine, non-routine, and capital
equipment purchases inaccordance with current UTMB procurement
rules and guidelines.
- Coordinates and processes employee business expense
reimbursements ensuringcompliance with current UTMB policies and
procedures. (Software related tasks)
- Types finished copies of correspondence and reports from
speedwriting or shorthandnotes, Dictaphone machine, or rough
- Types routine, complex, and/or confidential documents utilizing
a typewriter, wordprocessor, or specialized computer software
package (e.g., presentations, flow charts,etc.)
- Composes correspondence and memorandums in appropriate business
- Proofreads all completed assignments for grammar, format, and
- Creates, maintains, and manipulates databases and
- Initiates action plans to develop skills and knowledge to stay
current with evolving officetechnologies & work demands. (Clerical
tasks filing, scheduling, reporting, etc.)
- Develops area/process office record keeping systems.
- Compiles data for necessary reports and develops reports that
are user friendly.
- Schedules, coordinates, and organizes appointments, meetings,
- Coordinates meeting notifications and prepares agendas.
- Files process/area records, reports, correspondence, and other
documents maintainingfiles in accordance with the current Record
- Performs miscellaneous clerical tasks, such as making copies,
filing, faxing information,and maintaining area bulletin
- Sorts, stamps, and distributes incoming mail and prepares
- Serves as liaison with other Processes/Departments and agencies
regarding inventorycontrol, building services, equipment and
maintenance repair, purchasing, safety, andother administrative
matters. (Customer Service)
- Interacts with customers toward effective problem resolution
and assists with questionsregarding policies, procedures, and
operations of the process or area.
- Responsible for administrative support tasks at the executive
- Ensure smooth and seamless service in the executive office,
- Ability to think independently and make decisions as
- May interface with leadership at UT Components, city, and/or
state government agenciesor outside vendors. (Miscellaneous)
- Analyzes and standardizes procedures for improved
- Prioritizes daily work assignments.
- Supports and assists in the cross training of team
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required. Minimum Qualifications:
Associates degree or equivalent and 2 years of office related
experience. Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.Equal
Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal
opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion,
age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran
status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by
federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by
law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative
action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans
and individuals with disabilities.Compensation
Keywords: The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Business Coordinator, BMB Admin/Clerical, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!