Senior Coder (Remote Work) - Revenue Cycle Coding
Company: The University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Minimum Qualifications: A high school diploma or equivalent and
three years of multi-specialty coding experience. The senior coder
must be proficient in coding Professional services, and Outpatient
hospital services. Must also have experience with communicating,
training, and education providers in the area of proficiency. CPC,
CPCHA coding certification from AAPC or CCA, CCS, or CCSP coding
certification from AHIMA. Job Description: Properly codes
Professional services and outpatient hospital technical services
for multiplespecialty areasto ensure accuracy and optimal
reimbursement from all third-partypayers. Job Duties:
- Works coding related charge review and claim edits daily to
ensure timely and accurate billing.
- The Specialist will researchand resolve any and all coding
related issues, and assistin meeting productivity and quality
- Conducts the quality review of outpatient coding, assures
coding compliance with federal regulations, and maintains
up-to-date coding guidelines and coding policy changes.
- Reviews, interprets, and assigns diagnostic and procedural
codes based upon medical record documentation according to correct
- Provides skilled and specialized technical work in
documentation and coding for medical billing, abstracts complex
patient-related data from medical records and coding of diagnoses
and procedures using ICD-10 and CPT codes.
- Work all WQ PB/HB errors daily
- PB/HB, Revenue Cycle, Coding, Charge Capture, Medicare, CMS
- Educate and offer feedback to physicians and staff as needed to
ensure that documentation is complete, accurate, and compliant with
- Maintain acceptable productivity level and keep Pre/AR at or
below departmental standard.
- Actively participate in team functions such as team meetings,
educational sessions, and team projects.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure Work
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:00pm Salary Range: Actual
salary commensurate with experienceEqual Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Senior Coder (Remote Work) - Revenue Cycle Coding, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!