Coding Assistant - Revenue Cycle Coding (Galveston)
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: June 12, 2021
High school or equivalent.
To support the coding team by gathering, verifying and recording
paper or electronic records used in the billing process, and by
performing other support duties for the coding team as
- Prepare documents for coding and/or enter billing data into
Charge Automation and other billing databases with speed and
- Properly prioritize workflow so that tasks that support timely
coding and charge entry are completed first.
- Perform daily clerical duties to assist the Coding team in an
organized, efficient manner. These duties include but are not
limited to the following: obtaining medical records, making and
distributing copies, delivering reports, sorting and delivering
- Perform tasks utilizing the billing database and/or excel
spreadsheets in support of the coding team - including running
reports, performing daily imports, verifying imported data and
adding or correcting data when necessary.
- Maintain accurate files of billing records and other documents
for the coding team.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.
Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Commensurate with experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Coding Assistant - Revenue Cycle Coding (Galveston), Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!