Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you looking to be part of the team for a non-profit, where
our passion and purpose is to provide job skills training, a
compassionate culture, and employment opportunities for disabled
veterans and other people with disabilities? If you are an
experienced Janitor, please consider applying for this position
within our company.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Janitor is
responsible for cleaning and maintaining buildings, indoor
restrooms and/or outdoor restrooms, receptacles, and/or parking
areas. Removes debris and keeps areas neat and tidy. Vacuums and
buffs floors, shampoos carpets, empties trash receptacles, and
replace lining of trash cans. Maintains constant monitoring of
cleanliness to ensure company standards are correctly maintained.
Must communicate in a courteous and professional manner with
customers. Maintains constant monitoring of cleanliness to ensure
company standards are correctly maintained, while using the
appropriate supplies and equipment in a responsible and efficient
- Due to contract requirements, priority will be given to persons
with disabilities. *
- Use cleaning equipment, including automatic floor machines,
commercial vacuums, wet mops, large wringers and other necessary
equipment, tools, chemicals and supplies.
- Dry and wet mop floors, scrub and buff floors with rotor and
other machines, vacuum carpets to clean and control bacteria,
transport trash from utility rooms and other collection
- Routine Heavy Cleaning.
- Perform special cleaning of induction units, walls, lighting
fixtures, and windows, both inside and outside, move furniture and
set up meeting rooms.
- Cleans offices, break rooms, & conference rooms.
- Empties, cleans, and re-bags trash receptacles.
- Identify safety hazards and abide by safety rules.
- Document inspections and other maintenance activities.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One year relevant experience.
- Complete Bloodborne Pathogen training.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable.
- Read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, techniques, skills, materials,
and methods of janitorial work.
- The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body,
arms and/or legs.
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of
- The ability to lift between 25-50 lbs.
- The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of
- Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.
- Be able to pass a background check and screening requirements
as required by contract and company standards.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive;
it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements
of the job. The employee may be requested to perform other
job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
About the Company:
Since 2001, Mavagi Enterprises, Inc has been providing its
customers with the unique opportunity to employ a social enterprise
that provides cleaning and ground maintenance services, as well as
other meaningful job opportunities. Our company aims to provide
opportunities to people with disabilities in order to assist them
in overcoming barriers that limit their potential. With a vision to
continue to be a respected employer of people with disabilities and
"vendor of choice" in the markets we serve by cultivating an
exceptional service-driven company that is committed to excellence
and quality. Our values are to act with integrity at all times; to
know our responsibilities as leaders; to create an environment
where all associates are valued and respected; and to make ethical
decisions while acting responsibly, ethically, and compliantly.
Mavagi Enterprises, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: Mavagi, Galveston , Janitor (MEI), Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!