Instructional Lab Research Asst, Pathology Research
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: June 12, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTION: Organize, catalog, maintain collection of
historical and modern Medical teaching materials. Responsible for
Pathology imaging and Pathology facilities.
Bachelor's degree in basic science or equivalent.
Specific Job Related Duties:
- Work with Faculty and Staff with Pathology Imaging.
- Perform slide scanning for teaching purposes.
- Maintain and update database of teaching materials and images,
and provide training for instructors in use of searchable
- Work with Faculty and Staff for effective use of teaching
- Collect specimens as designated by Supervisor.
- Conserve and rehabilitate Historic Medical specimens.
- Work with Instructional Management Office (Medical School)
personnel to insure timely and smooth operation of the teaching
- Perform general maintenance of the laboratory.
- Order equipment and supplies.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for Department,
provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Has security clearance for all laboratories.
- Responsible for completing annual space allocation survey.
- Serves as liaison with other Departments and agencies regarding
inventory control, building services, equipment and maintenance
repair, purchasing, safety, and other administrative matters.
- Schedules and coordinates all Departmental moves.
- Performs related duties as required.
Commensurate with experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Instructional Lab Research Asst, Pathology Research, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!