Grants & Contracts Specialist III, ASG1
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: June 12, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTION: Assist faculty members and principal
investigators in preparation of and submission of research
proposals to sponsoring agencies. Assist in planning, coordinating,
and monitoring research activities and the department's procedures
designed to comply with appropriate regulations relating to
research grants and contracts.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field and three years
Specific Job Related Duties:
- Prepares consolidated monthly reports for all investigators in
the department, reflecting expenses by category and project.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports reflecting comparisons
of Time and Effort entries, budgeted effort and salary funding
- Monitors the Time and Effort reports submitted and notifies PI
and Administrator of any potential conflicts.
- Reviews and makes recommendations on proposed budget changes in
order to determine whether such changes are permissible under the
terms of the grants or contracts.
- Supervise and train Grants and Contracts Specialist I & II, and
- Reviews completed applications and contracts for accuracy,
completeness and compliance with the requirements of the University
and the prospective funding agency.
- Compiles financial and staff reports for grants and contracts
at the departmental level.
- Adheres to internal controls for department
Commensurate with experience
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Grants & Contracts Specialist III, ASG1, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!