Massage Therapist Spa San Luis
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Discover unparalleled luxury at The San Luis Resort, Spa &
Conference Center, a 32-acre, beachfront hotel and spa resort on
beautiful Galveston Island, Texas. Recipient of the AAA Four
Diamond Award since 1999, The San Luis Resort offers the perfect
Galveston hotel and resort experience with lavish accommodations,
breathtaking Gulf views and personalized service.
The Massage Therapist is responsible for providing quality
professional service in the administration of massage therapy, body
treatments and hydrotherapy treatments to guests of the spa.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1000 hours of education or massage history
- License or certification from accredited school of massage/body
- Current City license required.
- Two years experience in massage therapy preferred.
- One year spa experience preferred.
- Knowledge of additional therapies desired.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- CPR Certification desired.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying
and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including
anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with associates in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as
required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Ensure compliance of all policies and Code of Conduct as
specified in the Associate Handbook.
- Associates must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful
and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow associates.
- Must be able to perform various types of massage; i.e. Swedish,
Sports, Shiatsu, deep tissue, Reflexology, etc.
- Must be proficient in all components of massage therapy; i.e.
anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, etc.
- Must be proficient in a variety of body and hydrotherapy
treatments, i.e., exfoliation, masks, wraps, etc.
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the
facilities including ensuring facility/amenities are in proper
- Prepare treatment rooms, clean after each treatment, and
maintain inventory levels of linens and supplies.
- Provide Spa tours as necessary.
- Promote and sell Spa approved facial and body products.
- Check appointment schedule and print daily activities as
required as well as complete daily reports.
- Ensure inventory control through proper usage of products.
- Maintain passing scores on treatment inspections.
- Maintain current license and certifications as required.
- Assist with front desk or locker room functions, as
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested from management.
Keywords: Landry's, Galveston , Massage Therapist Spa San Luis, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!