Business Coordinator, Psychiatry/Behavioral Science
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: June 10, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTION: To coordinate and directly support the
administrative and business management within the Department of
Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. Ability to perform tasks and
responsibilities on own initiative ensuring process and operational
continuity of various administrative and business management
Specific Job Related Duties:
Financial related tasks
- Assists in the reconciliation of department accounts comparing
entries on ledgers with invoices, journal vouchers, and purchase
orders to verify accuracy of posting.
- Coordinates and processes employee travel arrangements and
reimbursements ensuring compliance with current UTMB Travel
- Process requisitions for routine, non-routine, and capital
equipment purchases in accordance with current UTMB procurement
rules and guidelines.
- Coordinates and processes employee business expense
reimbursements ensuring compliance with current UTMB policies and
Software related tasks
- Types finished copies of correspondence and reports from rough
- Types routine, complex, and/or confidential documents.
- Proofreads all completed assignments for grammar, format, and
- Creates, maintains, and manipulates databases and
- Initiates action plans to develop skills and knowledge to stay
current with evolving office technologies & work demands.
Clerical tasks - filing, scheduling, reporting, etc.
- Schedules, coordinates, and organizes appointments, meetings,
- Coordinates meeting notifications and prepares agendas.
- Files process/area records, reports, correspondence, and other
documents maintaining files in accordance with the current Record
- Performs miscellaneous clerical tasks, such as making copies,
filing, faxing information, and maintaining area bulletin
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing
- Responsible for administrative support tasks for department
- Ensure smooth and seamless service in the faculty's office,
managing day-to-day activities.
- Ability to think independently and make decisions as
- Prioritizes daily work assignments.
- Contributes ideas and suggestions for improvements to the
- Supports and assists in the cross training of team
- Good overall knowledge of Non-Exempt Administrative Support
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.
Commensurate with experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Business Coordinator, Psychiatry/Behavioral Science, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!