HCSS Phlebotomist Technician
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: June 10, 2021
To provide supervisory and basic skills necessary for collection
of blood samples through the use of skin puncture and venipuncture
techniques working in the float pool in various areas in Galveston,
Clear Lake, League City and Angleton.
MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:
- Contributes to the success of UTMB Health Care Systems.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates training and continuing
- Assesses problems related to transport of specimens, laboratory
data, and difficult blood collections and determines appropriate
- Develops protocols, policies, and procedures for enhancement of
- Orders and maintains laboratory supplies and provides input
into the acquisition of laboratory equipment.
- Collects blood using skin (micro) puncture and
- Identifies patients according to hospital protocol prior to
- Participates in hospital and clinic collection rounds.
- Keeps blood drawing trays and equipment clean and well
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure
established for the department.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and/or in written
- Customer service orientation and values.
- Ability to negotiate solutions and outcomes.
- Team player.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High school or equivalent, Phlebotomy Certified or completion
of Phlebotomy Program and 1 year inpatient hospital or clinic
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , HCSS Phlebotomist Technician, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!