The Facilities Maintenance Technician position is responsible
for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot,
repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to
safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes
to support the achievement of the parks goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain the
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment during park
operations and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment
- Carry out scheduled preventative and corrective maintenance
tasks using proven methods.
- Provide mechanical support to all departments within the park
- Perform basic plumbing tasks which includes the repair,
replacement or installation of faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, and
- Paint or repair windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster,
drywall, or other parts of building structures.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to,
mechanical, electrical, troubleshooting and repair.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform
required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and
material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Must have a basic set of tools.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those
and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Perform minor carpentry and masonry work.
- Perform general cleaning of property with pressure-washer.
- Operate and drive utility vehicle from warehouse to park
property to transport personnel, equipment and materials.
- Operate small forklift to dispose of property waste.
- Maintain established schedule.
- Follow all safety policies in Landry's safety program and
maintain clean and orderly work areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary technical
education or apprenticeship preferred; 1 to 2 years previous
maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Valid driver's license required for positions requiring
the use of a Corporate vehicle, such as forklift, manlift, etc.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and technical and procedure
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure. Ability to use and read tape measures.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active
and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping,
crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts,
wet and/or humid conditions, and outside weather conditions. The
noise level in the environment is usually loud.
What we offer you:
- Great training and development programs
- Sign on Bonus - $100 after 30 and $150 after 90 days
- Generous employee discounts
- Community volunteer opportunities with Landry's League
- Flexible schedules
- Multiple benefit plans to suit your needs
- Opportunities for advancement
- Positive and respectful work environment where diversity is
Employees are eligible to receive up to 2 tickets for Rockets
home games during the 2021-2022 Season.
Minimum exclusions may apply at times.