Medical Benefits Evaluator
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Medical Benefits Evaluator - (21002470)
Bilingual Medical Benefits Evaluator
Location: University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston in
Schedule: Monday-Friday 10:00 am-6:30 pm
BILINGUAL IN SPANISH AND ENGLISH REQUIRED
Brief Job Description:
The MBE makes the initial contact with the patient whose account
has been referred from the hospital and obtains basic information
to determine if potential eligibility to third party payment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the
- Completes screening worksheet and asks basic questions to
determine potential eligibility to Medicaid, Medicare, CHIPS, Crime
Victims, or other eligibility benefits.
- May complete program specific applications and related
- Completed applications, related forms, as well as screening
sheets, for patients who appear to be eligible for government
benefits, will be forwarded to the appropriate staff for further
- Printouts for non-declined referrals will be made and
- Regularly input case status comments to the approproate
databases, according to company/hospital protocol.
- Make copies medical records as needed for patient files.
- Manage and prioritize workload and job assignments so that all
deadlines are met on a timely basis.
- Respond quickly to requests for information and assistance
(including returning phone calls promptly and being available to
other staff), and using time according to clearly arranged and
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products, fax machines, copy
machines, and telephone systems.
- Must be able to set and prioritize daily and weekly schedules
to complete work assignments in a timely manner.
- High school diploma and six months of clerical experience which
included data entry preferred.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Galveston
Organization: Healthcare Provider - Onshore Operations
Job Posting: Jun 3, 2021, 2:39:42 PM
Keywords: MedAssist, Galveston , Medical Benefits Evaluator, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!