Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Bellperson/Valet Attendant is responsible for assisting with
the check-in/check-out process and accommodating guests during
their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
related field preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and pass
a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Any position required to drive company or guest vehicles will
be subjected to pre-employment and random drug testing.
- Valet drivers are required to drive standard vehicles.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of
force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
- Must able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying
and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with associates in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as
required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Ensure compliance of all policies and Code of Conduct as
specified in the Associate Handbook.
- Greet and welcome all guests.
- Load and unload luggage carts.
- Escort guests to rooms and familiarize them with hotel services
and amenities (hours of outlets, pool, exercise room etc.). Inspect
guest's room to ensure it is in order and that supplies are
- Explain features of the room including operation of radio,
television, telephone, in-room movie system, etc.
- Check/store luggage for arrivals and departures with luggage
- Deliver messages to meeting rooms.
- Deliver flowers, laundry, and packages to guestrooms.
- Assist with room changes.
- Maintain current listing of local and area attractions, special
events and activities.
- Maintain list of local transportation guides, churches, sports
- Assist Houseperson with guest requests.
- Ensure lobby reader board is correct.
- Provide information, maps and directions as required.
- Answer console to assist guest service agents.
- Show guestrooms and suites as needed and emphasize the hotel's
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested from management.
Keywords: Landry's, Galveston , Bellperson/Valet-Hilton, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!