Maintenance Engineer & Painters San Luis
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The San Luis Resort features a combined total of 700 guest
rooms, 10 restaurants and 250,000 sq ft. of meeting space spread
amongst 5 distinct Properties, The San Luis Hotel, Spa and
Conference Center, recipient of the AAA Four-Diamond Award since
1999; The Villas; Hilton Galveston Island Resort; Holiday Inn
Resort on the Beach and the Galveston Island Convention Center all
located on the 32 acre resort property. The San Luis Resort is the
employer of choice offering exceptional benefits to include
medical, dental, vision and paid vacation and personal time.
The General Maintenance Engineers & Painters are responsible for
ensuring that the property is maintained in the best possible
condition at all times with the least amount of inconvenience to
customers and associates.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field required.
- At least one year of progressive experience in a hotel or
related field preferred.
- Trade school and/or College course work in related field
- 2 Years of professional painting required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess
of 20 pounds constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including
anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data,
etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with associates and guests in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as
required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Associates must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful
and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow associates.
- Ensure compliance of all policies and Code of Conduct as
specified in the Associate Handbook.
- Perform general preventive maintenance on equipment .
- Perform furniture repair when needed
- Paint designated areas.
- Repair and finish sheet rock.
- Repair all types of wall coverings.
Keywords: Landry's, Galveston , Maintenance Engineer & Painters San Luis, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!