Patient Care Technician (PCT) - Carole Young Unit
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The mission of Correctional Managed Care is to address the
healthcare needs of underserved patient populations within the
Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) and the Texas Juvenile
Justice Department (TJJD).
To provide technical assistance and supportive patient care to
meet the needs of individual patients throughout assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collects, reports and documents data: vital signs, height and
weight, intake and output, pulse oximetry, and collects
- Performs and reports POCT.
- Assists with patient activities and care as assigned by the
charge nurse/designee as indicated by the patient's plan of
- Provides for patients' personal hygiene.
- Assists with feeding.
- Ambulates, positions, and turns patients and cares for the
patient with altered mobility.
- Assists with patient safety related to age and condition.
- Assists with patient restraints, patient specific safety
precautions, collects, reports and documents data related to
patient needs/emergencies and usual patient and family behavior,
and cares for the patient from a correctional environment.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality of information
and records at all times.
- Provides and maintains a clean, safe environment and performs
and/or assists others to perform proper aseptic technique,
isolation procedures, and infection control measures.
- Maintains patient care areas with appropriate supplies.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
Standard patient care supplies, equipment and mechanical
Located within the confines of a prison, jail or juvenile
detention center. Security clearance is required; pre-employment
drug testing is also required.
- Official Regulatory Statement for Healthcare Job Description:
May be exposed to such occupational hazards as communicable
diseases, blood borne pathogens, ionizing & non-ionizing radiation,
hazardous medications and disoriented or combative patients or
High school or equivalent AND completion of one of the following
- Completion of a recognized Nurse Assistant program, or
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program, or
- Completion of Medical Corpsman program, or
- Completion of EMT program, or
- Completion of UTMB Hospital Aide training program, or
- Two (2) years of experience in a direct patient care
- Currently enrolled in a recognized School of Nursing program
and completed the first semester of education which contains
clinical concepts and health assessment or the equivalent.
Current BLS-HP is required.
Salary is commensurate with years of relevant work
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRRA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Patient Care Technician (PCT) - Carole Young Unit, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!