Physical Therapist - Inpatient (up to 19 hours per week)
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Directs the evaluation, development, coordination, and
implementation of physical therapy intervention provided to
patients. Serves as a patient advocate assuring the delivery of
physical therapy meets legal, ethical and institutional standards
while adhering to the philosophy, objectives, policies and
procedures of the department and the organization.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Provides evaluation, treatment and discharge planning to
patients relative to age, culture and condition in assigned
- Documents patient evaluation, treatment progress and billing,
appropriately in the medical record. Documentation must meet peer
- Communicates pertinent patient information with the patient,
family members, physicians, team members, and other
- Participates in rounds, clinics and case conferences as
- Meets required competencies for assigned area.
- Delegates duties and monitors service delivery appropriately to
PTA, Rehabilitation Aide.
- Supervises students as requested.
- Participates in training and supervision of entry-level
therapist and mentoring Physical Therapist.
- Participates in and provide in-service/continuing
education/research, teaching opportunities at department, state or
- Participates and assists with implementation and data gathering
for quality assurance activities and attend seminars, webinars as
assigned or indicated to support evidence based practice.
- Participates in roles related to Community programs either with
the hospital or organizational based.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Master's degree or equivalent in Physical Therapy from an
accredited program. Licensed or eligible for license in the State
of Texas. 0-3 years of related experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal
Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and
advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Physical Therapist - Inpatient (up to 19 hours per week), Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!