Senior Information Services Manager (Diagnostic Imaging) - IS Ancillary Systems (Galveston)
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field; 7 years
To assist the Director in the development and management of the
ancillary information systems and in the direction of the daily
operation of the Clinical IS Ancillary team. Works in collaboration
with leaders in Information Services and other divisions to support
the departmental and institutional strategic plans. Manages a team
of 15 staff who are responsible for supporting Epic Radiant, Epic
Beaker, Epic Cupid, and various imaging systems across UTMB.
Develops and implements operational plans for new and existing
business computer applications. Participates in development of
project proposals for customers. Must be able to work within both a
team-oriented environment and independently. Project management
skills are preferred. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
through written and verbal communications is required. Strong
interpersonal skills are required.
- Assists the Director in the development, review, and
maintenance of strategic and operational plans for information
technology tools and usage.
- Coordinates with the Director on the planning, design,
development, and implementation of new application systems, and the
maintenance of existing systems.
- Stay abreast of new medical imaging technologies that comes
onto the market in order to prepare for requests to implement and
support new technologies.
- Work with customers to develop and maintain a strategic plan
for diagnostic imaging systems.
- Provides effective project management for all assigned
- Prepares reports to inform leadership of project status and any
deviation from project goals.
- Ensures regular project status reports are provided to
customers and internal management.
- Serves as the primary customer contact for ancillary systems,
which includes the periodic need to travel between the four
campuses (Galveston, League City, Clear Lake, and Angleton) to meet
- Participates in decisions concerning personnel staffing,
training, promotion, evaluation, and supervision.
- Works and interacts closely with cross-functional teams to
build collaborative working relationships to support the
institution's vision and mission.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively across
cultural boundaries and work harmoniously with diverse groups.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department;
provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Performs related duties as required.
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm and on call support for staff as
Actual salary commensurate with experience.
- Skills: Experience in Radiology, Cardiology, Diagnostic Imaging
or Laboratory information systems is preferred but not
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience in Healthcare
Information Technology is preferred. A minimum of 3 years of
personnel management experience is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Senior Information Services Manager (Diagnostic Imaging) - IS Ancillary Systems (Galveston), Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!