Pharmacy Technician - Galveston Retail Pharmacy
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Pharmacy Technologist assists Pharmacists in providing drug
distribution, technical services and clinical services associated
with the preparation, storage and dispensing of
- Prepares unit-dose medications specific to patient needs
including patient's weight, allergies, and age (pediatric, neonate,
adolescent, adult, and geriatric).Retrieves and delivers inpatient
medication orders and supplies.
- Prepares sterile products utilizing aseptic technique and USP
797 standards (to include the preparation, handling and disposal of
- Demonstrates the ability to operate automated technology
including compounding, repackaging, cartfill and Automated Drug
- Compounds bulk and extemporaneous pharmaceuticals specific to
patients needs including weight and age (pediatric, neonate,
adolescent, adult, and geriatric).
- Communicates effectively with other pharmacy employees,
healthcare professionals, and patients while appropriately
recognizing age (pediatric, neonate, adolescent, adult, and
- Maintains adequate drug inventories in pharmacy areas and
patient care areas and notifies the appropriate personnel when
shortages and/or outages noted.
- Performs quality assurance/improvement audits
- Maintains a neat clean and organized work area.
- Demonstrates flexibility in staffing assignments.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Assists pharmacists in filling ambulatory prescriptions
specific to patient needs including patient's weight, allergies,
and age (pediatric, neonate, adolescent, adult, and
- Assists in record keeping activities in any assigned area.
High school or equivalent and no experience required. Registered
with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP) as a Pharmacy
Technician and have taken and passed a pharmacy technician
certification examination approved by TSBP and have a current
ACPE approved IV (sterile products) certification.
Standard office equipment and pharmaceutical equipment.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/LOCATION OF POSITION:
Standard hospital pharmacy environment.
Working with the public.
Work with chemotherapy and other bio-hazardous agents
Working weekends and shift rotation.
May be required to work overtime and extended shifts during
Must pass UTMB and TDCJ security clearance
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Pharmacy Technician - Galveston Retail Pharmacy, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!