Senior Financial Analyst - Institutional Support Finance (Galveston)
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent in related
field and at least four years of relevant work experience.
Prepares and oversees financial and operational analysis
activities with an advanced functional or organizational scope.
- Lead over various areas assigned to coordinate, prepare and
analyze complex financial and operational reports, financial
statements, scorecards, metrics, benchmarks, budgets, and financial
- Performs advanced analysis of historical and projected
financial and operational data to provide leadership information to
make relevant financial decisions
- Knowledge of journal entries and accounting rules
- Coordinates the preparation of information to support
developing trends that will inform forecasts and management
- Supports monthly submission to Decision Support for Forecast
and Budget assumptions
- Identify and utilize technology and best practices to ensure
continuous process improvement
- Performs quality assurance functions of financial data and
- Remains current with and progressively learns industry trends,
analytical techniques and appropriate financial systems necessary
to complete essential job functions
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure
- Assist Institutional Support departments with annual budget and
- Prepare monthly Executive Financial Status Report narrative for
- Prepare monthly Financial Update Report for Executive
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Possesses an advanced knowledge and understanding, with
progressive development, of financial statements and relationships,
analytical techniques, operations, and Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles, practices, and procedures
- Progressive development of the ability to analyze/evaluate
- Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to
effectively work and communicate with individuals at all levels of
- Progressive learning in regards to decision making
responsibility with minimal guidance
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism and
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to accomplish goals
- Effective time management skills and consistency in meeting
deadlines and deliverables.
External Relations and Development:
- Actively participates with Business and Finance colleagues in
completing initiatives, goals and priorities
- Develops productive relationships with UTMB personnel across
campus while accomplishing institutional objectives.
Preferred Education / Experience:
- At least seven years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Health Systems and Academic Medicine is
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and
other financial tools.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Financial Systems both for
General Ledger and Budget purposes.
- Hyperion Smartview, Hyperion Studio, Hyperion Workspace,
Hyperion Interactive Reporting experience.
Actual salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Senior Financial Analyst - Institutional Support Finance (Galveston), Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!