Cocktail Server Holiday Inn
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Holiday Inn Resort Galveston is located on the beach and is
part of the San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center This hotel
provides genuine, attentive service and all the extras patrons need
for a terrific trip to Galveston. Great money and benefits await
you...come join our team!
The Cocktail Server at the Holiday inn is expected to provide
timely, courteous service with guest satisfaction as the primary
goal. He/she is responsible for promotion of specials and
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field required.
- Must be legal age to serve alcoholic beverages, according to
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including
anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data,
etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as
required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Associates must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful
and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow associates.
- Ensure compliance of all policies and Code of Conduct as
specified in the Associate Handbook.
- Complete opening/closing checklist according to standards.
- Welcome guests, take their drink orders, relay order to
bartender, process order, deliver order to guest and receive
payment for order.
- Have knowledge of which garnishes go in each drink.
- Process credit card and room charges.
- Clear and clean tables when guest leave, return glasses to be
- Keep lounge area clean and free from debris at all times.
- Follow all cash handling policies and prepare closing report
for night audit.
- Perform all aide work duties according to the schedule.
- Full knowledge of state liquor laws.
- Be familiar with the computer system.
- Help the bartender prepare drinks when needed.
- Assist bartender with hors d'oeuvres tables for cocktail hour
in set up and breakdown.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested from management.
Keywords: Landry's, Galveston , Cocktail Server Holiday Inn, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!