Patient Access Specialist - Access Center (Includes Evenings & Weekends) - Galveston
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Bachelor's degree or equivalent (High School or equivalent and
two years customer service and/or clerical experience)
Represents the voice of UTMB. Creates a nurturing, competent and
confident voice atmosphere for all callers to the Access Center. Is
skillful in determining the callers need while maintaining a
seamless atmosphere for the caller regardless of the need to
navigate through multiple functions and departments.
Specific Job Related Duties:
- Provides high level customer service skills for 24/7, 365 days
a year Call Center.
- Answers high volume of calls while multi-tasking with available
resources to schedule appointments and assist callers with their
- Promotes positive and professional communication.
- Provides a professional and empathetic voice to the callers to
nurture their needs.
- Analyzes caller concerns and determines best course of action
to resolve and address their concern.
- Gateway to appointment scheduling for large numbers of UTMB
- Efficiently communicates callers request and determines the
- Able to cancel and reschedule based on patients' needs and
- Escalates patient concerns and issues-utilizing defined
- Able to preregister patients as required; obtains patient
demographics and insurance information and updates as required to
ensure most accurate information isfile.
- Works with Access center nursing staff to quickly identify and
resolve urgent patient issues.
- Listens to and re-emphasizes caller concerns, ensuring accurate
triages and effective communications.
- Facilitates physician consultation requests and assists with
patient referrals when appropriate.
- Is knowledgeable and proficient in the use of AMCOM, EPIC,
Invision, CECC and other software applications used to store and
manage patient information and facilitate patient care.
- Utilizes several media applications in unison to resolve caller
concerns and understands the purpose and proper use of each
- Enforces UTMB regulations and guidelines when utilizing the
- Is knowledgeable of the entire institution, all clinical
departments and resources, Locations, Contact information,
Scheduling guidelines, Personnel resources, Area specific
guidelines, Age specific guidelines, Disease process specific
guidelines and Basic guidelines related to consumer health
- Is knowledgeable and proficient in the scheduling process for
all clinic areas.
- Understands the procedures for each clinic and educates the
- Skilled at utilizing software applications for making
- Utilizes critical thinking to determine call priority to
support nursing intervention.
- Enhances customer confidence by expediting callers concerns to
- Crucial to the facilitation of the consumer online appointment
Preferred Education and Experience:
Associate and 2 years experience or High School and 4 years
Actual salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Patient Access Specialist - Access Center (Includes Evenings & Weekends) - Galveston, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!