Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) - Medicine/Nephrology [EVENINGS/NIGHTS]
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: June 6, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTION: To support the daily operation of a patient
care unit through clerical support to the health-care team.
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED DUTIES:
- Performs receptionist/secretary activities for assigned area
embodying the Principles of Service:
- Greets patients, guests, and staff in a courteous manner.
- Interacts with and provides services for patients and their
families, appropriate to the specialty and age of the patient (as
defined in the Unit Addendum).
- Utilizes professional telephone etiquette at all times.
- Promptly answers telephones and intercoms.
- Accurately routes call and message to the appropriate
individuals or departments.
- Uses basic computer skills and printing equipment to retrieve
and process appropriate clinical information from the hospital
- Promptly processes electronic mail and messages, i.e.;
transmits, receives, and acknowledges them; prints hard copies of
incoming mail or messages, or routes them to other terminals as
designated; enters dates, time, and identifying data related to
mail and messages into an index of electronic files or
- Maintains bulletin boards, unit manuals, and files so they are
current and in correct order.
- Posts flyers in designated areas.
- Sorts and distributes incoming unit mail, placing it in the
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school or equivalent. Completion of
an accredited Unit Coordinator/Clerk program, or one (1) year
related job experience/college course work. Must be proficient in
typing, spelling, and medical terminology. Must maintain current
SALARY RANGE: The salary range for this position is $14/hr -
$20.65/hr commensurate with experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) - Medicine/Nephrology [EVENINGS/NIGHTS], Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!