Reservations Sales Agent
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The San Luis Resort features a combined total of 700 guest
rooms, 10 restaurants and 250,000 sq ft. of meeting space spread
amongst 5 distinct Properties, The San Luis Hotel, Spa and
Conference Center, recipient of the AAA Four-Diamond Award since
1999; The Villas; Hilton Galveston Island Resort; Holiday Inn
Resort on the Beach and the Galveston Island Convention Center all
located on the 32 acre resort property. The San Luis Resort is the
employer of choice offering exceptional benefits to include
medical, dental, vision and paid vacation and personal time.
The Reservations Sales Agent is responsible for booking guest
reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested
either by phone, internet or within the hotel.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma
- Must have great customer service skills and be and a pleasant
- Prior experience preferred.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally.
Must also lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to sit at a computer during entire shift.
- Must able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data,
etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying
and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must proficient with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel)
and Adobe PDF.
Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with employees in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as
required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful
and courteous to all guests, mangers, and fellow employees.
- Ensure compliance to Pre-Shift Previews.
- Maintain and increase revenue.
- Prepares and distributes copies as necessary group and package
information to other related departments (i.e.; room service, front
- Keeps work area clean and orderly and makes sure this area is
clean at the end of the shift.
- Calls other hotels for competitive set is done daily on the
morning shift and evening shift.
- Must be flexible with scheduling. Weekends and holidays
Keywords: Landry's, Galveston , Reservations Sales Agent, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!