Patient Registration Specialist I (Position is rotating shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays) - League City
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: June 6, 2021
High School Diploma or equivalent and 1 year experience with
billing, financial screening, insurance verification, collections,
and/or customer service
This position facilitates access to UTMB services for new and
returning patients, coordinates financial arrangements including
financial screening and communicates with patients, referral
sources, and the treatment team regarding patient access and
- Perform and master COR, ED, Admitting Registrations functions
as defined in each area's customized CBO tool.
- Verifies all patient demographic, insurance coverage, benefits,
and authorization requirements for all services.
- Screens patient for financial responsibility and possible cash
- Determines potential reimbursement sources available to the
patient and directs patient toward financial assistance
- Determines and collects appropriate deposit.
- Facilitation of referrals/prior authorizations.
- Eligibility determination of third party programs.
- Serves as information resources for patients, physicians,
nurses, and other health care professionals by providing accurate
and currently applicable information to accomplish patient
satisfaction and maximum reimbursement.
- Individual department specific knowledge and training of ABN
and PPA agreement forms.
- Meets minimum job performance standards for successful
probationary and annual review, or as needed on an individual
- Demonstrate ability to maintain Registration Quality Assurance
(Q/A) expectations as defined by specific departmental area as
measured monthly and annually on performance review, scoring
includes any errors reported via internal and outside sources not
included in random Q/A process.
- Errors are to be corrected (or acknowledged) and returned
within designated timeframe and will be monitored for excessive
delayed response and compliance as monitored continuously and on
annual performance review.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain acceptable Productivity
Standard as defined by specific departmental area and measured
monthly and annually on performance review.
- Reads and applies all announcements and relevant communications
related to job duties as observed and monitored by Q/A
- Assists in the training and mentoring of new employees.
- Prioritizes and completes all work in an accurate, effective
and efficient manner.
- Participates in team meetings/activities and supports the
philosophy and goals of the team, department, and UTMB.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Knowledgeable and experience with scheduling and registration
in a hospital and/or physician setting.
- Experience with /Epic ADT/Prelude and Cadence
- Knowledgeable with insurance verification.
- Experience with upfront collections.
- Experience in admissions and ED registration.
- Interpersonal skills - positive interactive skills with
- Flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and
- Position is for a rotating shift.
Commensurate with experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Patient Registration Specialist I (Position is rotating shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays) - League City, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!