HCSS IS Depot Technician
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: June 6, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: To provide technical, advisory and administrative
skills to assist customers in obtaining information, resolving
problems and/or obtaining services within a process.
MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:
Duties would be split between assisting Depot and Refresh staff
based on volume.
- Unbox/Tag/boxing/palletizing computer equipment when
- Responsible for checking in/out equipment to IS staff when
- Receive and stock new equipment as required
- Assist with boxing/palletizing all Lease return computer
equipment on a monthly basis to meet strict deadlines
- Palletize all Surplus computer equipment on a monthly basis to
prevent equipment backlog
- Input data for reports, and complete routine office forms.
- Image/back-up/format pcs for DFS and Surplus
- Capable of lifting a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Coordinates with customer the pick-up and delivery of work when
- Assist with Department processes related to intake and
returning equipment within Galveston Depot.
- Organize own work assignments to maintain and contribute to a
smooth, team established workflow.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Prepares/compiles reports, creates and maintains records and
related documentation utilizing spreadsheets, databases and/or
computer software applications.
- Assists, recommends, and facilitates the collaborative
development of team process change, new programs, and operational
planning. Coordinates compliance with all applicable UTMB, State,
and Federal rules and regulations.
- Stays current and adheres to applicable laws, rules,
regulations, policies and procedures.
- Attends and satisfactorily completes required training
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent
and 3 years of related experience Knowledge, Skills and
- Demonstrates the ability to proactively assist customers with
their immediate needs
- Ability to summarize and analyze data and provide
recommendations Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to facilitate the development of new methods,
procedures, services, or operational concepts
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of the area work processes, policies,
procedures and automated systems
- Ability to understand and apply theories and concepts
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Working knowledge of UTMB's record retention policies and
- Ability to create and maintain files maintain files utilizing
wordprocessing, spreadsheets, databases, and other computer
software packages (e.g., MS Word, Access, Excel)
- Standard office equipment
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Warehouse environment.
- This is a contract position through HealthCare Systems
Staffing. There are no benefits associated with this
- Hiring Range: $18-$22 per hour
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , HCSS IS Depot Technician, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!