Cruise Director - American Queen Steamboat Company
Company: Alcatraz Cruises
Posted on: June 6, 2021
In addition to the application process please copy and paste the
link below into a separate browser window for consideration.
The Cruise Director shall lead, coordinate and facilitate, as
well as perform, all aspects of the Entertainment program,
including stage performances, informative lectures, cocktail
parties, games, etc. This role also fosters a relaxing atmosphere
of welcome and goodwill toward guests. The Cruise Director will
establish personal relationships with guests while having an eye
toward maximizing their satisfaction rating.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Rehearsing for and performing in stage shows
- Developing personal relationships with guests to maximize
satisfaction (learn names, take an interest in personal history,
engage in conversation, act as primary goodwill ambassador when
- Schedule entertainment events onboard; coordinate with
department heads to maximize efficiency and impact
- Manage Entertainment staff - handle scheduling and
communication, provide training and administer Company disciplinary
- Lead and participate in games and activities for guests,
including but not limited to trivia, on shore hikes, craft
activities, game shows and exercise classes
- Act as Master of Ceremonies at onboard events, including but
not limited to cocktail parties and evening shows
- Approve the River Times onboard from the Assistant Cruise
Director, but be able to create and edit (if needed)
- Create and distribute the daily River Times newsletter
- Coordinate with and manage guest entertainers
- Operate and maintain onboard light, sound and A/V system
- Participate in weekly all-crew tasks, including but not limited
to emergency drills, loading stores, carrying trash, cleaning crew
areas, handling luggage and transporting crew using company
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times: complying with
uniform and grooming standards at all times
- Participate and ensure participation of all USCG mandated
drills and emergency procedures as directed
- Performs other duties if required since above stated describe
only a regular working day and may not be inclusive of every task
needed to achieve results
Requirements & Qualifications
- HS Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred
- Professional Certification(s) or License:
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) -
if applicable, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
- Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly and outgoing personality; excellent interpersonal
- Proficient stage performer
- Knowledge and experience with theatrical light and sound
- Proficient in the use of computers; familiarity with imaging
and design software
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the
- Excellent verbal, as well as written, communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with varying
- Cruise industry experience preferred
- Managerial and/or teaching experience preferred
- Five to seven years of experience in a position with similar
duties and responsibilities
- Cruise industry experience preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the
USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random,
reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing.
Our Values- RESPECT
At Hornblower Group and American Queen Steamboat Company, our
mission is to create amazing experiences - not only for our guests,
but our employees. Our company values (RESPECT) and operating
principles (Hornblower 12) allow us to live out our mission of
creating amazing experiences.
RESPECT stands for: Respect, Environment, Safety First,
Professionalism, Exceed, Communication and Teamwork. Our Operating
Principles, known as the Hornblower 12 demonstrate the ways we
promise to engage to live those values:
- We treat others - guests and fellow crew members alike - with
Respect, by fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
- We are stewards of the Environment through practicing
conservation, protection and education.
- We believe in Safety First by creating and maintaining a safe
and secure workplace.
- We are Professional, and will demonstrate that in the following
- We are on time - to start and stop - and we come prepared.
- We make objective data- and logic-based decisions with limited
We prioritize by making difficult trade-offs and fast, quality
decisions. We follow the 80:100 rule, making decisions that are at
least 80% right, but 100% actionable.
- We Exceed expectations, embracing these principles:
- As employees, we expect to win, but always prepare and
passionately compete like an underdog.
We strive to innovate and reinvent, always looking forward and
not stuck in the past.
- We value Communication, by following guiding principles:
- We listen to each other - fellow crew members and guests - and
are responsive, vehemently following the 24-hour rule.
We are transparent and efficient in our processes and do not
entertain politics and bureaucracy.
- Teamwork helps drive us towards success, and together we embody
- We function as a team, playing our role and trusting our
- We work hard but have fun and don't take ourselves too
- And most importantly, we take the time to recognize and
celebrate our successes together under the Hornblower family!
American Queen Steamboat Company is proud to be an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and
or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to
discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion,
religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions,
childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military
statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic
information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic
violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics
prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, the
Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain
Keywords: Alcatraz Cruises, Galveston , Cruise Director - American Queen Steamboat Company, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!