Research Associate III, BMB Research Staff
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: June 6, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTION: Conducts a variety of non-routine research
assignments and experiments.
Bachelor's degree in basic science or equivalent and 5 years of
related experience or Master's degree in basic science or
equivalent and 3 years of related experience required.
Specific Job Related Duties:
- Plans, coordinates and directs moderately complex research
experiments following general technical procedures.
- Establishes and oversees quality control measures for assigned
- Makes modification to research procedures as determined by
- Contributes to scientific analysis and interpretation of
- Maintains records of all tests performed and data collected,
compiles and tabulates data, provides analysis of results.
- Confers with lab staff regarding results obtained and receives
suggestions for modification to procedures and interpretation of
- Ensures the accurate assembly, calibration, operation and
modification of a variety of laboratory equipment as defined by
- Makes minor modifications and repairs to equipment as
- Independently performs literature searches as outlined by the
- Oversees lab inventory of supplies and equipment.
- May provide guidance to junior research staff.
- Performs experiments in vitro and with animals
- Adheres to internal controls established
Commensurate with experience; 100% grant funded.
- Animal Science/Care Surgery
- Biological Analysis
- Quantitative Analysis
- Qualitative Analysis
- Tabulation of Data
- Equipment Calibration
- Technical Writing Experience
Preferred Work Experience:
Persons with experience working with animals preferred.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Research Associate III, BMB Research Staff, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!