Posted on: June 6, 2021
The San Luis Resort features a combined total of 700 guest
rooms, 10 restaurants and 250,000 sq ft. of meeting space spread
amongst 5 distinct Properties, The San Luis Hotel, Spa and
Conference Center, recipient of the AAA Four-Diamond Award since
1999; The Villas; Hilton Galveston Island Resort; Holiday Inn
Resort on the Beach and the Galveston Island Convention Center all
located on the 32 acre resort property. The San Luis Resort is the
employer of choice offering exceptional benefits to include
medical, dental, vision and paid vacation and personal time.
The Night Auditor is responsible for the preparation and
disposition of all Night Audi work as well as all Front Office
functions on the third shift (11 PM - 7 AM).
Education & Experience:
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Computer experience required.
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including
anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
Mental Requirements (continued)
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with associates and guests in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as
required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Associates must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful
and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow associates.
- Ensure compliance of all policies and Code of Conduct as
specified in the Associate Handbook.
- Initiate and complete the End of Day process.
- Run all reports as required for Food & Beverage audit.
- Complete the Night Audit checklist for computer procedures
- Balance the day's work (i.e. movie revenue, telephone postings,
valet laundry, server's and desk agent's paperwork, etc.).
- Maintain cashiering responsibilities as per Front Office
- Maintain Front Office computer system.
- Fulfill all Front Office functions between the hours of 11 PM
and 7 PM.
- Follow up to ensure periodic checks by the Midnight House
Attendant are made of building and guest corridors to ensure all
areas are locked and secured.
- Handle and follow through on all guest requests from 11 PM to 7
- Follow safety and emergency procedures.
- Maintain proper record keeping (i.e., log books, etc.).
- Complete the initial direct bills, daily, and place on the
Property Accountant's desk. Attach all folio/banquet check back-up
to the bills.
- Maintain radio contact with other employees during entire
- Have a working knowledge of security procedures.
- Ensure associates are at all times attentive, friendly, helpful
and courteous to all guest, manages and fellow associates.
Keywords: Landry's, Galveston , Night Audit, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!