Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at
Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact
Sodexo is seeking an experienced leader for a Operations
Manager, at UTMB Health located in Galveston, TX. This position
will manage Hospital food program as well as provide culinary a
direction for units in the area. UTMB's system of care includes
hospitals and emergency departments on four campuses, a network of
primary and specialty care clinics, and urgent care services.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in
food service management specializing in Patient Services. With
benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and
continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved
quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
- Food cost and inventory controls
- Responsible for identifying process improvement initiatives and
- Ensures that employees demonstrate an active customer
hospitality orientation toward patients, visitors and hospital
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation and overall
workplace safety standards.
- Meets (or exceeds) Sodexo standards of operation
- Creates a positive environment and successfully motivates and
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability
to maintain the highest of standards and implement company
- Previous experience working in a high volume facility
- Strong management skills, preferably in health care.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business
segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government
and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure
locations across the United States. Continue your search for
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary
career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life
balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education
opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's
unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service
exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our
contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for
food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and
retention for the company. Implements business practices in order
to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the
Sodexo client contractual agreement.Key Duties- Establishes a safe
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer,
and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to
ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees
have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures
operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined
objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and
Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent
experienceBasic Management Experience - 2 yearsBasic Functional
Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services
including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services,
institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran