Shriners Children's Texas, the premier pediatric burn,
orthopaedic, spinal cord injury, cleft lip and palate, and
pediatric subspecialties medical center, has an opportunity for a
Full Time Sr. Pharmacy Tech.
The Sr. Pharmacy Tech is responsible, under the supervision of
the pharmacist, to:
- perform routine duties including on-line ordering, receiving,
unpacking, storing supplies and checking shipments against
- stock OmniCell and verify against applicable reports.
- deliver medication to nurses as requested.
- complete pre-packing of unit dose medications.
- prepare both oral and parenteral medication orders.
- possibly serve in role of lead tech and assist in the training
of other techs.
- Inventory/Purchasing of medication
- rotates medication stock to ensure use before expiration.
- identifies and replaces outdated and unusable medications.
- Medication distribution
- fills physician orders, medication cards, and interdepartmental
- replenished medications in emergency crash carts and floor
- Medication preparation
- generates pick lists, and medication labels as required.
- compounds and labels batch preparations and intravenous
admixtures; including parenteral nutrition aseptically - Sterile
- Quality improvement
- performs the issuance of controlled substances to patient care
areas and maintains records as required by law.
- participates in the quality improvement activities for the
- collects data, conducts quality monitoring and inspections; and
maintains logs, records, and other clinical documentation.
- Supports all hospital related research initiatives.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 2 years experience pharmacy tech preferred
- Pharmacy technician license in state of practice required
- BLS or within 30 days preferred
Additional certification & licensure
Compounding Sterile Preparation Training obtained through
completion of a course sponsored by an ACPE accredited provider or
a training program accredited by the American Society of
Additional Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to perform work accurately with attention to detail
within specified time periods. Ability to work cooperatively with
health-system and pharmacy staff. Ability to handle frequent
interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule.
Ability to set priorities and solve problems. Ability to respond
quickly to emergency requests. Ability to communicate effectively
(orally and in writing). Ability to assist in meeting the
pharmaceutical needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and
Shriners Children's Texas is a family that respects, supports,
and values each other. We are engaged in providing excellence in
patient care, embracing multi-disciplinary education, and research
with global impact. We foster a learning environment that values
evidenced based practice, experience, innovation, and critical
thinking. Our compassion, integrity, accountability, and resilience
defines us as leaders in pediatric specialty care for our children
and their families.
All of our positions, including on-call positions, are
benefits-eligible. We offer a robust benefits package including
medical, dental, vision and flexible spending account on day one of
employment. Our 403(b) retirement plan has a dollar for dollar
match up to 6% after one year of employment. Employees who are 0.5
FTE or greater are also eligible for 100% company paid group life
insurance, supplement life insurance, 100% company paid short-term
disability, long-term disability and a generous PTO accrual.