Platform Removal Observer Coordinator - Galveston, TX
Company: AIS Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Department: Galveston Platform Removal Program
Location: Galveston, TX
Position Title: Observer Coordinator
A.I.S., Inc. is contracted by NOAA Fisheries to provide observer
support services for the Southeast Fisheries Science Centers
Observer Program. Southeast Fisheries Observers deploy on
commercial fishing vessels based along the coast of the south
Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico.
AIS is recruiting a full-time Observer Coordinator (OC). This
position is contingent on a task order award action. The OC is
responsible for supporting observer staff by managing their
day-to-day operations and tracking their labor activities while on
deployments. The Observer Coordinator assists in observer coverage;
database management mainly via quality control procedures, and
works with NMFS senior scientist, administrative personnel, and
staff from other NMFS divisions. The Observer Coordinator enters
observer data into a database. Entry of observer data shall be
accomplished in a timely manner as specified by the Program
Coordinator. The Observer Coordinator manages the gear and supply
inventory, under the supervision of the AIS Program Manager. The
Observer Coordinator will help in the resupplying of new gear,
repairing broken gear, inventorying stored gear, and completing the
proper paperwork for repairing or acquiring gear.
Job duties include:
- Coordinates program operations to ensure efficient functioning
of the Platform Removal Observer Program.
- Assists in duties as the point of contact for oil and gas
companies conducting platform removals
- Developing and administering observer training curriculum
- Deploy as a Platform Removal Observer when needed and maintains
- Scheduling observers for deployments and reviewing health and
- Providing logistical support to observers monitoring sea
turtles and marine mammals at explosive removal of oil and gas
platforms in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Conducting quality control and quality assurance checks on
observer data sheets and reports.
- Assists in computer data entry and analysis and maintenance of
databases. Assists in generating invoices, memoranda, reimbursable
agreements, reports, and other pertinent correspondence.
- Maintains observer gear, equipment, and daily logbooks.
- Assists in identification of sea turtle, marine mammal, and
ichthyologic field samples.
- Assists with preparation of materials for scientific
presentations and reports.
- A minimum of a B.S. Degree in Marine Science or related field
- Experience with common word processing, database, statistical,
and graphics programs.
- Physically capable of maintaining and moving observer
- Possess problem resolution skills.
- Experience with Protected species
- Observer experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite programs (excel, word,
- Must have a valid drivers license
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Be motivated, self-sufficient, independent, and a strong team
- Be able to work efficiently with a strong concern for
completeness and accuracy
- Possess leadership ability and ensure positive team
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks in an
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience and
qualifications. Fringe benefits include health/dental /vision
insurance, vacation, sick and holiday benefits. Benefits also
include 100% employer funded profit sharing plan.
Contact: If you would like to apply for this new opening, please
click the following link
Keywords: AIS Inc, Galveston , Platform Removal Observer Coordinator - Galveston, TX, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!