Inventory Controller - American Queen Steamboat Company
Company: Alcatraz Cruises
Posted on: June 6, 2021
NOW GATHERING APPLICATIONS FOR AQSC 2021 SEASON START UPS
In addition to the application process please copy and paste the
link below into a separate browser window for consideration.
The Inventory Controller has full responsibility for day-to-day
placement and management of Purchase Orders as well as their
accurate receipt aboard the vessel and into ship's Inventory. The
Inventory Controller will also be responsible for oversight of on
board inventory transfers, from storage to on board outlets,
inventory audit, and reporting of Per Person Daily (PPD) food
costs. The Inventory Controller will work closely with on-board
department managers, for accurate, timely, and cost effective
purchasing and inventory management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Receipt of Purchase Orders and Invoices into the MarineXchange
(MXP) enterprise system
- Placement, management and accurate physical receipt of PO's
- Submission and resolution of purchase/receiving discrepancy
- Accurate input of new items and vendors into MXP Item
- Management and accounting for returned goods and their
- Updating vendors and managing logistics of deliveries as
itinerary or port docking locations & schedules change
- Report foods costs to the Hotel Director (HD)
- Performs audits of cycle counts and inventories of dry stores,
galley chemicals, consumables, dairy, and produce. Assist Executive
Chef or other galley management with freezer counts, meat and
- Provide a level of purchasing scrutiny and diligence to ensure
excessive or unusual PO requests are reported to HD, prior to
- Keep Marine Operations and Hotel Director closely informed;
especially with issues which may negatively affect or delay
supplies for on-board managers
- Identification and communication of procedural gaps as they are
discovered with immediate efforts towards their resolution
- Participate and ensure participation of all USCG mandated
drills and emergency procedures as directed
- Maintenance of vendor scorecards
- Performs other duties if required since above stated describe
only a regular working day and may not be inclusive of every task
needed to achieve results
Requirements & Qualifications
- HS Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance required
- Professional Certification(s) or License:
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) -
if applicable, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
- Valid Driver's License
- Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient with MS Office applications; intermediate to
advanced MS Excel
- Prior experience with Adobe Acrobat and PDF manipulation
- MXP or other inventory software application experience
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with varying
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Two to four years of experience in related field with similar
duties and responsibilities
- Cruise industry experience preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the
USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random,
reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing.
Our Values- RESEPECT
At Hornblower Group and American Queen Steamboat Company, our
mission is to create amazing experiences - not only for our guests,
but our employees. Our company values (RESPECT) and operating
principles (Hornblower 12) allow us to live out our mission of
creating amazing experiences.
RESPECT stands for: Respect, Environment, Safety First,
Professionalism, Exceed, Communication and Teamwork. Our Operating
Principles, known as the Hornblower 12 demonstrate the ways we
promise to engage to live those values:
- We treat others - guests and fellow crew members alike - with
Respect, by fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
- We are stewards of the Environment through practicing
conservation, protection and education.
- We believe in Safety First by creating and maintaining a safe
and secure workplace.
- We are Professional, and will demonstrate that in the following
- We are on time - to start and stop - and we come prepared.
- We make objective data- and logic-based decisions with limited
We prioritize by making difficult trade-offs and fast, quality
decisions. We follow the 80:100 rule, making decisions that are at
least 80% right, but 100% actionable.
- We Exceed expectations, embracing these principles:
- As employees, we expect to win, but always prepare and
passionately compete like an underdog.
We strive to innovate and reinvent, always looking forward and
not stuck in the past.
- We value Communication, by following guiding principles:
- We listen to each other - fellow crew members and guests - and
are responsive, vehemently following the 24-hour rule.
We are transparent and efficient in our processes and do not
entertain politics and bureaucracy.
- Teamwork helps drive us towards success, and together we embody
- We function as a team, playing our role and trusting our
- We work hard but have fun and don't take ourselves too
- And most importantly, we take the time to recognize and
celebrate our successes together under the Hornblower family!
American Queen Steamboat Company is proud to be an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and
or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to
discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion,
religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions,
childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military
statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic
information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic
violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics
prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, the
Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain
Keywords: Alcatraz Cruises, Galveston , Inventory Controller - American Queen Steamboat Company, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!