Occupational Therapy Assistant - Rehab Inpatient (up to 19 hrs/week)
Company: The University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Provides occupational therapy services under the guidelines set by
the Practice Act of the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy
Advisors Serves as a patient advocate assuring the delivery of
occupational therapy meets legal, ethical and institutional
standards while adhering to the philosophy, objectives, policies
and procedures of the department and the organization.
Associates degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited
program. Licensed or eligible for license in the State of Texas.
0-3 years related experience.
Specific Job Related Duties:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The Occupational Therapist Assistant provides treatment to
patients relative to age, culture and condition in assigned
- Document patient treatment and progress, appropriately in the
medical record. Documentation must meet peer review
- Communicate pertinent patient information with the supervising
occupational therapist, patient, family members, physicians, team
members, and other disciplines.
- Participate in rounds, clinics, and case conferences as
- Meet required competencies for assigned areas.
- Delegate duties and monitor service delivery appropriately to
- Supervises Occupational therapy assistant students as
requested. One year experience preferred.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Candidate must be willing to work at all campuses, Galveston,
Webster, and League City.
This position is working up to 19.99 hours per week with no
From $23.08 to $28.85 per hour, Commensurate with experience
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Keywords: The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Occupational Therapy Assistant - Rehab Inpatient (up to 19 hrs/week), Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!