Patient Registration Specialist I - PBL Non Benefitted Position (Galveston) - 73233
Company: The University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: November 23, 2020
High School Diploma or equivalent and 1 year experience with
billing, financial screening, insurance verification, collections,
and/or customer service
This position facilitates access to UTMB services for new and
returning patients, coordinates financial arrangements including
financial screening and communicates with patients, referral
sources, and the treatment team regarding patient access and
Commensurate with experience
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED DUTIES
* Verifies all patient demographic, insurance coverage, benefits,
and authorization requirements for all services.
* cash collections.
* Determines potential reimbursement sources available to the
patient and directs patient toward financial assistance
* Determines and collects appropriate deposit.
* Facilitation of referrals/prior authorizations.
* Serves as information resources for patients, physicians, nurses,
and other health care professionals by providing accurate and
currently applicable information to accomplish patient satisfaction
and maximum reimbursement.
* Individual department specific knowledge and training PPA
* Meets minimum job performance standards for successful
probationary and annual review, or as needed on an individual
* Errors are to be corrected (or acknowledged) and returned within
designated timeframe and will be monitored for excessive delayed
response and compliance as monitored continuously and on annual
* Demonstrate ability to maintain acceptable Productivity Standard
as defined by specific departmental area and measured monthly and
annually on performance review.
* Reads and applies all announcements and relevant communications
related to job duties as observed and monitored by Q/A process.
* Assists in the training and mentoring of new employees.
* Prioritizes and completes all work in an accurate, effective and
* Participates in team meetings/activities and supports the
philosophy and goals of the team, department, and UTMB.
* Excellent Customer Service Skills.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
Part Time 20 hours week day schedule
* Knowledgeable and experience with scheduling and registration in
a hospital and/or physician setting.Experience with /Epic ADT
* Knowledgeable with insurance verification.
* Experience with upfront collections.
* Interpersonal skills positive interactive skills with others.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without
regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal
Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and
advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with
Req id: 73233
Keywords: The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Patient Registration Specialist I - PBL Non Benefitted Position (Galveston) - 73233, Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!