Patient Transporter (23994)
Company: University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: November 17, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: To transport acute, intensive and critical care
patients in a timely manner by wheelchair, stretcher or bed, to and
from destinations within and out of the health care organization.--
MAJOR DUTIES/CRITICAL TASKS:
- Contributes to the success of UTMB Health Care Systems
- Contributes to exceeding internal customer and patient
satisfaction rating goals by providing timely transports.
- Transports patients by assisting patients in and out of cars or
taxi's and lifting patients on and off beds.--
- Transports inpatients and outpatients by wheelchair, stretcher
or bed, to and from hospital areas as needed.
- Transports deceased patients by following UTMB's protocols to
- Must complete at least minimum percentage of transports (per
shift) within departmental standards.
- Transports routine and "STAT" laboratory specimens and requests
to the appropriate labs/departments.
- Assists patients with walking.
- Assists nursing personnel with problem patients.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by
following standards and procedures; complying with Joint Commission
on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- Disinfects equipment before and after each use.
- Delivers and/or removes equipment and supplies to and from
patient rooms, assigned treatment areas and patient care
- Communicates positively, effectively and appropriately with
patients, nursing staff and co-workers.
- Must be able to make appropriate customer service decisions by
demonstrating care and cultural sensitivity, comforts patients and
their families by offering support encouragement, being punctual
and attentive to procedures schedules.
- Demonstrates proper body mechanics and assistant devices when
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Promotes a positive image of the department and hospital
through communicating proficiently (verbal and written) in order to
develop positive rapport with patients, nursing staff and
- Customer service orientation and values.
- Must complete a 10 day new employee departmental training,
which includes floor training.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working
relationships in all hospital departments/areas.
- Ability to work in partnership with management and staff.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required and six (6)
months hospital or relevant experience required.--
- Experience working with the public and/or customer
- Excellent communication skills required.--
- Must obtain American Heart Association (AHA) CPR certification
within three (3) months of hire.-- EQUIPMENT:
- Two way radio and Transport Tracking System.--
- Standard patient care supplies and equipment used in
transporting patients. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- May be exposed to occupational standards such as communicable
diseases, harmful chemicals, and/or disoriented or combative
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with the capability of
pushing, pulling and maneuvering. OTHER:
- Must be willing to work any shift, including weekends and
holidays. -- -- --------
UTMB HealthCare Systems (HCSS) strives to provide equal opportunity
employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information or veteran status. HCSS takes
affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected
veterans and individuals with disabilities. HCSS is the official
internal float pool for clinical and non-clinical services for UTMB
and its associated facilities in Galveston and the surrounding
Keywords: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Patient Transporter (23994), Other , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!