Company: The San Luis Resort, Spa and Conference Center
Posted on: September 19, 2023
The cook is responsible for preparing all food items, based on
standardized recipes, for the restaurant, while maintaining the
highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product.
He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation
and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and
maximizing cost/production ration.
Education & Experience:
- A High School diploma oar equivalent and/or experience in a
hotel or a related field preferred
- Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including
anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data,
etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with associates and guests in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as
required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Associates must at all times be friendly, helpful and courteous
to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Ensure compliance of all policies and Code of Conduct as
specified in the Associate Handbook.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required,
according to standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage
- Complete necessary food and station preparation to insure that
guests are served promptly and efficiently.
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling,
poaching, deep-frying, saut, braising, roasting and
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, dairy
and meat products.
- Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment and knowledge of proper
handling, storage and sanitation.
- Prepare all foods following standard recipes. Preparation of
specials will be under the direction of the head chef.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury
to self or other employees.
- Use Production Charts as specified by hotel's standards.
- Be able to support any position in the kitchen that is in need
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen
- Main a "Clean As You Go" policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to
- Sign keys out and back under supervision as needed.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested from management.
Keywords: The San Luis Resort, Spa and Conference Center, Galveston , Cook Hilton, Hospitality & Tourism , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!