Maintenance - Burkes Outlet/Home Centric Galveston, TX
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Our History -Nearly a century after opening our doors, Beall's
Inc. continues to serve our communities with the spirit of pride
and appreciation first shown by Robert M. Beall back in 1915. In
1987, with the start of the Outlet business in retail, his son
E.R.Beall decided to open the first Beall's Outlet in Florida. The
concept was a hit and the Outlet division has been growing ever
since. Currently within the Beall's Inc. portfolio, there are over
450 Outlet stores and 70 Department Stores that cover 13 states,
with sales over a billion dollars annually. The Outlet division
conducts business under two different names, Beall's Outlet within
Florida, Georgia and Arizona and Burke's Outlet for all other
locations. - - - -Who Are We? -We are a convenient and welcoming
store where everyone can find the styles and brands they want all
at lower prices. We are continually offering fresh assortments of
fashion apparel, shoes, accessories and homes goods, making
shopping for the family easy, affordable and rewarding. - -We are
the shopping solution for the entire family. More Brands! Big
Savings! - - -Our Mission -We are a customer-centric, family
focused organization with a relentless desire to deliver
exceptional value. -We want to thrill our customers with an ever
changing offering of the latest brands and fashions, in a bright
and casual shopping environment, while delivering friendly and
consistent customer service. - -Function: To maintain the
cleanliness, sanitization, and maintenance of all store areas;
creating a neat, clean, and safe environment for guests and
associates. - - -Position: Maintenance - - -Interaction:
- - - -
- Reports to Store Manager
- Interaction with Associates and Guests. - - - - -Essential
Duties and Responsibilities: - - - - - - - -
- - - -
- Clean, sanitize and maintain store physical plant, -including
floors, walls, -baseboards, ceiling tiles, air vents, fitting
rooms, touchpoints, and restrooms.
- Clean, sanitize and maintain break room appliances, light
-fixtures, water fountains and store fixtures.
- Clean, sanitize, and maintain checkout area including daily
removal of hangers and touch-point sanitization.
- Clean, sanitize and maintain exterior of store including
windows, doors, cart corrals and garbage/debris.
- Restock required supplies in restrooms -such as soap, toilet
paper and paper towels.
- Restock required supplies in break room such as soap and paper
- Restock required supplies such as bags, gift boxes and receipt
- Keep garbage containers clean and replace -bags as needed.
- Perform general maintenance in store as -necessary such
- Replace spent light bulbRepair vacuum belts and change
bagsCarpet cleaningTile cleaning and buffing
- Minor painting
- Minor miscellaneous repairs
- Perform all tasks safely and -assume ownership for Guest and
Associate safety in accordance with Bealls Inc. -policies and
- Monitor supply of cleaning and sanitizing products, -restroom,
and checkout supplies, and communicate requests to Manager. - - - -
- - - Physical Demands
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical ability
to perform essential job duties.
- Must be able to climb stairs to stockroom (if applicable) to
replenish and maintain supplies.
- Must be able to have full body rotation/mobility, i.e.,
bending, stooping, twisting, reaching a minimum of 60 inches for
stocking and maintaining supplies, etc.
- Must be able to climb a 12-foot ladder for maintaining light
bulbs and air vents.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Must be able to push and pull merchandise fixtures (minimum
resistance of 20 pounds).
- Must be able to handle cleaning equipment (vacuum, broom, mop,
duster, etc.) used for maintaining cleanliness and
- Must have full hand usage to operate hand tools.
- Required to stand on feet 95% of the day. - - - - - -
- - - -Qualifications - - -
- High school diploma.
- Must identify and use the proper -cleaning and sanitizing
solutions, procedures, and safety guidelines for each task.
- Attention to detail in work produced.
- Effective communicator.
- Must be responsive to a -continually changing and fast-paced
- Able to plan, prioritize and -multi-task efficiently and
productively. - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Keywords: Bealls, Galveston , Maintenance - Burkes Outlet/Home Centric Galveston, TX, Hospitality & Tourism , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!