Company: Grand Galvez
Posted on: November 22, 2022
The Queen of the Gulf, the Grand Galvez, is looking for a
Banquet Captain to join our team. No Job Description for a position
can possibly include all duties which may be requested by guests or
required by the hotel. The objective of all positions is to
effectively provide the services personally, or to immediately
refer requests to the appropriate department manager. The following
is a summary of the major responsibilities of the
position.Position: Banquet CaptainDepartment: BanquetPurpose: The
main objective of the Banquet Captain is to supervise the floor,
make sure food is presented neatly, served on time and that all
functions are coordinated properly.Reports to: Director of
Responsible for controlling all
aspects in the execution of banquet function.
Effectively supervise the Banquet
staff during all food and beverage service including overall
banquet visual appeal and food quality.
Coordinating every aspect of the
Banquet staff during all food and beverage service communicating
the number of people in room to culinary team.
Assist the Banquet Manager in the
complete operation of the Banquet Department.
Responsible for adhering to hotel
policies and procedures.
Responsible for adhering to all
liquor liability laws, working with beverage supervisor and
monitoring bar staff in his absence.
Must assist/conduct all designated
Communicate with the guests to ensure
their requirements are met and exceeded.
Process Banquet checks daily.
Inspect all function space prior to
functions for adherence to BEO requirements.
Inspect all function space to assure
they are sales ready, report repairs and maintenance requirements
See that guest satisfaction is
achieved through effective and courteous performance of entire
Inspect all Banquet pantries, storage
and heart of the house areas to assure cleanliness and tidiness as
well as organization.
Effectively fill out daily captain
report to communicate any issue.
Perform 15-minute stand-up meeting
with staff prior to function.Tools and Equipment:
- Coffee maker/urn, toaster, microwave, beverage machines, bus
trays, dishware, silverware, glassware, queen-mary cart, telephone,
- Interior of hotel, in the restaurant, lounge and kitchen areas,
with exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning
- Exposure to food items and beverages.Physical Job Requirements
(for essential functions only)Lifting/Pushing/Pulling/ Carrying
- Lifting 20 - 80 pounds (Trays, dish racks, glass racks,
- Pushing 50 -100 pounds (Carts, queen marys, hot box, portable
- Carrying 20 - 50 pounds (Trays, dish racks, glass racks,
- Ability to bend to lower level cabinets and banquet storage
- Bend to lift traysMobility
- Maneuver in narrow areas and between seated guests
- Distance 110 ft - 100% of the work periodContinuous Standing
- Standing required to service guest(s) functions; 100% of time
- Climbing stairs up to approximately 12 steps 20% of work period
(approximately 8 hours)Driving
- No driving requiredWork Environment
- Inside 95% of work period (usually 8 hours)
- Outside 5% of work period (usually 8
- Hearing is moderate (Communicate with supervisor, co-workers,
- Vision is moderate (View set-up, serve guests)
- Speech is moderate (Communicate with supervisor, co-workers,
- Literacy is moderate (Read and understand instructions on
- Cleaning agents for silver, stainless steel and floor surfaces
30% of timeProtective Clothing
- Slip-resistant footwear must be worn 100% of scheduled
- Coffee machine, ice machine, refrigerator, vacuum cleaners
Keywords: Grand Galvez, Galveston , Banquet Captain, Hospitality & Tourism , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!