Restaurant Servers-AM PM Hilton
Posted on: September 18, 2022
The Restaurant Server at the Galveston Island Hilton is responsible
for providing the highest quality of service to guests in an
attentive, courteous and efficient manner. He/she is also
responsible for receiving and delivering guests orders and
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout the dining area while
carrying full trays of food & beverage.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including
anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with associates in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as
required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Associates must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful
and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Ensure compliance of all policies and Code of Conduct as
specified in the Associate Handbook.
- Be familiar with the organization of the Restaurant (s),
lounges, and Room Service and know the function of each job
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in an
attentive, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Pre-bus all tables removing spoiled dishes after each
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S. system.
- Perform cashiering functions by closing checks and preparing
end of shift paperwork.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and side-work duties
according to station rotation assignment and established
- Ensure that tables and side stands are kept stocked, tidy and
- Keep all beverages at least - full (coffee, tea, soda, water
- Breakdown trays of soiled dishes and linen in the dish room
according to established standards.
- Answer the telephone according to standards.
- Consistently upsell food, beverage and promotional items to
- Be familiar with fire extinguishers, locations and know how to
- Receive and deliver food and beverage orders and collect
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested from management.
Keywords: Landry's, Galveston , Restaurant Servers-AM PM Hilton, Hospitality & Tourism , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!