Medical Language Interpreter NICU Galveston Campus (PBL All Shifts)
Company: The University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: September 23, 2022
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or
equivalent and two years of medical interpreting experience. Must
speak, read, and write English and the Spanish language fluently,
as recited through UTMB approved verbal and written proficiency
testing. Customer Service Experience, Microsoft office, Word,
Excel, Access, Power Point, Multi-line phones, Liaison between
patients, clinical staff and advocates, Professional & phone
etiquette, large database and PC experience. JOB SUMMARY: To
provide language assistance by means of verbal interpretations for
all medical communications between UTMB's staff and patients,
patients' families, and visitors. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides skilled verbal interpretation services in person and
over the phone.
- Executes dispatching duties as assigned.
- Acts as liaison between staff and patient/visitors to meet
- Supports cross-cultural communication throughout the
institution by sharing cultural factors influencing health
- Actively participates in documentation of effort in clinical
and departmental records as directed.
- Follows institutional and departmental policies and procedures
in all situations.
- Adheres with interpretation guidelines based on evaluation
criteria in the bi-lingual competencies.
- Provides support to and collaborates with bilingual staff in
meeting collaborative goals in patient-centered
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required. -Equal Employment
Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national
origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran
status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by
federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by
law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative
action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans
and individuals with disabilities.Compensation
Keywords: The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Medical Language Interpreter NICU Galveston Campus (PBL All Shifts), Healthcare , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!