Crisis Contract - Certified Surgical Technologist - CST job in Galveston, TX
Company: Gifted Healthcare
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel Job
Certified Surgical Technicians CST scrub in on orthopedic, spine,
urology, and pain management cases. CSTs must work well with other
health team members to achieve total patient care. Our preferred
Certified Surgical Tech candidate is well-organized and good at
anticipating the surgeon's needs.
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies
necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all
required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove
procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and
take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room
turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to
facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic
and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and
properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and
staff by complying with facility requirements and safety
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and
stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static
functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing
area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine
whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment
indicators for proper static functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment,
and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects
instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
Keywords: Gifted Healthcare, Galveston , Crisis Contract - Certified Surgical Technologist - CST job in Galveston, TX, Healthcare , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!