Certified Massage Therapist
Company: Grand Galvez
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The beautiful Grand Galvez Resort & Spa is seeking a full-time
Massage Therapist to join the team at our award winning Spa.JOB
SUMMARYThe Massage-Body-Hydro Therapist is responsible for
providing quality professional service in the administration of
massage therapy, body treatments and hydrotherapy treatments to
guests of the Spa.QUALIFICATION STANDARDSEducation and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of 1000 hours
of education or massage history required. License or certification
from accredited school of massage/body work required. Current City
license required. Must be nationally certified with the NCBTMB or
AOMBTA. 2-years experience in massage therapy preferred. 1-year spa
experience preferred. Knowledge of additional therapies desired.
Bi-lingual preferred. CPR Certification desired.Physical
Requirements: Flexible and long hours sometimes required. Medium
work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25
pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull
or otherwise move objects.General Requirements:
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company
standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with company standards and regulations to encourage safe
and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Hygiene is key in this environment due to the close proximity
of working with the clients. At no time is cigarette smoke allowed
to be on the hands, clothes or breath of a spa employee during a
shift.Fundamental Requirements: Employees must, at all times, be
attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests,
managers, and fellow employees. Must be able to perform various
types of massage; i.e. Swedish, Sports, Shiatsu, deep tissue,
Reflexology, etc. Must be proficient in all components of massage
therapy; i.e. anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, etc. Must
be proficient in a variety of body and hydrotherapy treatments;
i.e. exfoliation, masks, wraps, etc. Monitor and maintain the
cleanliness and orderliness of the facilities including ensuring
facility/amenities are in proper working order. Prepare treatment
rooms, clean after each treatment, and maintain inventory levels of
linens and supplies. Provide Spa tours as necessary. Promote and
sell Spa approved facial and body products using prescription pad.
Check appointment schedule and print daily activities as required
as well as complete daily reports. Ensure inventory control through
proper usage of products. Maintain passing scores on treatment
inspections. Maintain current licenses and certifications as
required. Assist with front desk or locker room functions, as
Keywords: Grand Galvez, Galveston , Certified Massage Therapist, Healthcare , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!