Clinical Research Nurse PBL- Translational Science
Company: UTMB HEALTH
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Possesses knowledge and skill necessary to meet nursing standards
for professional practice specified in Texas Nurse Practice Act
without supervision. Provides professional nursing in a research
unit, clinic or hospital setting for individuals involved in
research studies. Safeguards the rights and well-being of study
participants. Ensures general administrative, regulatory and
participant activities are compliant with the study protocol, and
all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL -JOB -FUNCTION
Professional -Practice -and -Performance: -Nursing Process
* Assesses, -plans, -implements, -evaluates -and documents the
daily care of assigned study participants.
* Performs routine technical -procedures/skills -according to study
* Uses -professional -nursing -judgement -in -the -administration
-of -investigational and FDA approved medications, assesses
-participants -during -study -visits -to -determine -presence of
side effects and notifies Principal Investigator (PI) of
* Identifies and responds to adverse -events -requiring -medical
-invention, -implements -appropriate -care and notifies
* Ensures compliance with study protocol by providing thorough
-review -and -documentation -at -each study visit to capture
Participant and Family Teaching
* Provides basic participant/family -instruction -and
-studyspecific -teaching to study participants and families.
* Learns to identify unique learning needs based on values,
barriers and readiness to learn.
* Learns to utilize evidencebased teaching strategies such as
teachback and return demonstration.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Registered nurse plus three -years -of professional nursing
experience in direct patient care or research in an approved
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS OR CERTIFICATIONS
* Current Texas license to -practice -professional nursing.
* Current BLS.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: UTMB HEALTH, Galveston , Clinical Research Nurse PBL- Translational Science, Healthcare , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!