ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OR PROFESSOR & CHAIR -CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENCES - 72663
Company: The University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Eligible for an appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor
level; PhD degree or equivalent (from an accredited institution in
a relevant field).
Commensurate with experience
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED DUTIES
Related to Curriculum and Instruction
* Provide leadership and direction to departmental faculty on
matters of curriculum and instruction.
* Ensure that accreditation standards are met and that best
educational practices in the field are known and applied by
* Develop and apply effective mechanisms for course and curriculum
improvement, including periodic surveys of graduates.
* Provide future planning and development of new programs.
Related to Faculty Recruitment, Retention and Development
* Responsible for faculty recruitment, retention and development,
conducting searches for qualified faculty, identifying development
needs utilizing appropriate school and institutional resources to
* Provide for and document regular and useful faculty evaluation
and feedback activities.
Related to Departmental Management and Development
* Develop, maintain and implement recruitment strategies that are
sufficient to maintain enrollment at or above program capacity.
* Attend to issues influencing faculty, staff and student
* Ensure compliance with institutional and system personnel
* Provide for regular staff evaluation and development.
* Identify and pursue opportunities to enhance public relations
through institutional, local, regional and national media reports,
through public appearances and through social interaction.
Related to Fiscal Management
* Manage expenditures and revenues to create a balanced operational
* Foster and obtain training and research grants sufficient to
offset operating deficits.
* Develop clinical opportunities with UTMB Health Care System.
* Identify and cultivate development opportunities (e.g.,
donations, communication with alum, grants and bequests for
scholarships and endowments; revenue generating activities) in
collaboration with the Office of Development and the Dean's
* Be familiar with system, institution and schoolwide policies
regarding fiscal and resource management and demonstrate and expect
compliance with them.
Related to Schoolwide Participation and Collaboration
* Foster interdisciplinary participation in education, research,
clinical, and service opportunities.
* Foster and encourage respect for all health care disciplines
among faculty, staff and students.
* Actively participate in schoolwide direction-setting and
* Demonstrate leadership by example in service to school,
university and community.
Related to Student Recruitment, Selection and Advancement
* Develop and implement strategies to ensure a continuous stream of
highly qualified applicants into the program sufficient to meet or
* Encourage diversity, equity, and objectivity in student
recruitment and selection.
* Foster curricular and instructional approaches that recognize
differences in individual learning, that encourage problem solving,
and that facilitate the acquisition of competencies and skills in
the most efficient and effective manner possible.
Evidence of excellence in communication and interpersonal skills,
established record of scholarly accomplishments, solid record of
clinical mastery, organizational, and strategic planning
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE
Record of administrative responsibilities, evidence of extramural
funding, evidence of supervisory abilities, evidence of leadership
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without
regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal
Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and
advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with
Req id: 72663
Keywords: The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OR PROFESSOR & CHAIR -CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENCES - 72663, Healthcare , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!