Polysomnographer - Sleep Lab - 69180
Company: The University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: May 16, 2020
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
No experience required. Current BCLS, Board Certified or Registered
Respiratory Therapist-or-Satisfactory completion of an Accredited
Polysomnography Training Program -or-Satisfactory completion of the
Accredited Sleep Technologist Education Program (A-STEP), and-
Registered in Sleep Technology through one of the following
organizations: The American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM),The
National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) ,The Board of Registered
Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT), or an equivalent examination
accepted by AASM.
This position works under limited supervision to perform advanced
technical skills in the performance of comprehensive
polysomnographic testing, analysis, evaluation and treatment of
sleep disorders. This may involve polysomnography, diagnostic and
therapeutic services or patient education.
* The salary range for this position is from $44,800 to $71,680
annually, commensurate with experience.
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED DUTIES
* Performs diagnostic and therapeutic testing on pediatric,
adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients to ascertain presence or
absence of dysfunction.
* Schedules and interviews patients.
* Places monitoring equipment including electrocardiogram,
electromyogram, electroencephalogram, electrooculogram electrodes,
transnasal esophageal catheters, and inductive plethysmograph.
* Uses various amplifiers to process electrical signals for
* Monitors and maintains quality of signals recorded during
* Interprets sleep study results and writes draft of final
* Maintains Sleep Lab equipment and supplies.
* Performs portable monitoring studies on in-patients.
* Provides CPAP and/or BiPAP therapy as requested for
* Assist patients as necessary and performs follow-ups.
* Instructs patients on the use of NAPP device and provides other
* Performs miscellaneous duties such as taking phone calls,
preparing billing forms, and filing.
* Adheres to internal controls established for department.
* Must have BCLS and RPSGT.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE
* Experience as a Polysomnographer preferred.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without
regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal
Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and
advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with
Req id: 69180
Keywords: The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston , Polysomnographer - Sleep Lab - 69180, Healthcare , Galveston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!